Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
We are JOIN , Europe’s fastest-growing HR Tech company with over 45,000 clients in 6 countries and over 100,000 jobs posted.
Our ambition is to change the way Small & Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) hire on a global scale. We want to level the playing field so SMBs can have the same hiring advantages as big companies. Great companies are built with great people and there are over 25 million SMBs in Europe alone.
We are a mighty team of 90 passionate colleagues and our mission is to democratise hiring by building the world’s most widely used talent attraction software. We believe in building a diverse team of people from different backgrounds. Join us!What is the role about?
We are growing constantly and as a result, we are looking in Berlin for a highly motivated VP/Head of Finance to complete our management team and build the foundation for our future success. You will work closely with the CEO and get the opportunity to build a world-class finance department with lots of room to develop and implement your own ideas.Your Future Team
You will be part of a small & growing finance team at JOIN, that comprises of highly qualified finance individuals.What you will be expected to do?
- Build and enhance our financial model and budget . You will drive our financial forecasting and budget vs actual analysis
- You will be responsible for all investor reporting and requests , both on a regular basis as well as for possible future financing rounds
- Develop a group transfer pricing policy and inter company charges for international entities
- You will work with a variety of different stakeholders, including the leadership of other teams as well as external accountants to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of our financial statements and drive the reconciliation between financial and management reporting
- As a management team member , you will report directly to the CEO to build mission-critical financial structures and prepare the company for the next stages of growth
- Maintain responsible and sustainable liquidity and payment management processes while ensuring compliance with all relevant financial regulations
- Monitor budgets and cash flows across the business in order to be able to enforce compliance with the relevant KPIs
- Optimizing controlling and reporting processes and tools with a focus on delivering insightful and actionable data
- Maximize accounting process automation and constantly screen the business for cost optimization opportunities
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you should have
At least 6+ years of practical experience in the field of finance or management consulting, 3 of which in a leadership position
Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in general accounting, financial analysis, forecasting, budget planning and budgetary control
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills. Ability to communicate effectively and influence all types of people in all levels (investors, leadership team external suppliers, accountants, etc)
Strong proficiency in German accounting and taxation regulation and best practices
A track record of being a reliable and dependable advisor to the leadership team
Proficiency in English. German is a plus - but not necessary
- Experience in leading a controlling and/or accounting function in a software business, ideally involving multiple (international) entities and/or a Swiss entity
- Experience dealing with multi-currency accounts and cash flows and the respective tax and legal implications
Be part of the management team and have a strong impact on the companies' success
Competitive salary and PSOP package
The unique opportunity to revolutionize the recruiting industry with a rapidly growing company
Inspiring, diverse, highly motivated and international working atmosphere
Cool office in the famous Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg - standing desks for everyone!
Latest and best hardware
Hybrid working mode:
- If you are an office first employee (3+ days a week): 600€ yearly mobility budget for either Rydes or BVG Card
- 4 weeks "work from anywhere" per year after probation
600€ yearly Benefitsy allowance to profit from 35 Premium Partners
Relocation support for internationals:
- One month of furnished flat so you do not have to flat hunt without being in Berlin
We believe that uniqueness binds us and helps us thrive, both as individuals and as a team. That’s why we don’t just embrace diversity, we celebrate it. We take equality and inclusion seriously and are committed to welcoming everyone to our team with openness, acceptance, and respect. At JOIN, we want all team members to feel seen and supported.
We encourage all applications, regardless of age, physical or mental ability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other background diversity. And do you require any assistance or adaptations, either in the workplace or during the hiring process? Then please don’t hesitate to let us know!
You don't check all the boxes? It's also fine, we are open to spiky profiles and we love diversity!
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!