Specialty Coffee Barista & Servicemitarbeiter:in | 30 hours per week (m/w/d)
Arbeitsort: 10115 BerlinJetzt bewerben
Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
We are Coffee Circle, Germany’s leading sustainable specialty coffee roastery based in Berlin. We offer the world’s finest coffee and equipment to over 150,000 customers online and in our Cafés, driven by our goal to make high-end coffee experiences enjoyable and accessible to all. We foster direct trade relationships with coffee farmers worldwide, pay high prices for the coffee beans, and ensure everyone involved in the value chain gets treated fairly and respectfully. For every kilogram of coffee we sell, we invest € 1 through our Coffee Circle Foundation e.V. to help support sustainable improvements in coffee-growing areas, such as providing clean drinking water, hygiene training, and coffee labs. With over 4 million euros raised in donations, we cannot wait to increase our positive impact with you on our team, one cup of coffee at a time.
- One year contract, fixed salary corresponding to 30 weekly working hours. You may cover extra shifts for operational needs, which will be compensated on top of your fixed salary.
- There are three Coffee Circle Cafés in Berlin, Wedding, Mitte, and Kreuzberg. The work location may vary due to operational needs, though we also consider your preferences! The opening shift starts 30 minutes before opening times, and the closing shift max. 60 minutes later.
- 20 days of holidays per year based on four days work week
- Deutschlandticket (pubic transport) fully paid after your probation period
- Discounts on our coffee and equipment and online voucher platforms, like corporate benefits and FutureBens
- Possibility of taking part in our company pension plan after the probationary period
- Access to mental and physical well-being platforms, such as nilohealth and HUMANOO
- Continuous coffee trainings to keep your knowledge up to date
- Check us on Glassdoor. Our coffee is as good as our company culture
- Brew our outstanding coffee while following our set Coffee Circle recipes: the coffee experience that we are able to provide should be a hallmark for everyone
- Collect and manage orders with an impeccable customer approach
- Provide table service if necessary, always acting like an impeccable host
- Clean and maintain our machines, kitchen, store, toilets, etc., making hygiene a priority in your daily work
- Act as Coffee Circle brand ambassador and represent the company values in front of customers
- Constantly provide feedback to the management to communicate relevant insights about our daily operations
- Fluency in English (B2-C1 level) and conversational German (min. A2 level)
- 1 year previous work experience in Cafés. Previous experience in Specialty Coffee is a huge plus.
- Strong passion for coffee
- Openness and inclusivity are fundamental: we want our customers to be part a of our community
- Punctuality and reliability are key for the role
- Rote Karte
- Ability to respect and maintain high standards
- Solid team playing skills
- Basic Excel / Microsoft Office package skills
- Berlin based with a valid EU working permit
- Our shops are in Berlin Wedding, Mitte and Kreuzberg: the ideal candidate is willing to work in all our locations
- We do the right things in the right way.
- The enthusiasm we share inspires.
- Learning is our never ending journey.
- Together we cultivate compassion.
- Authenticity is our key to succeed.
We stand for individuality and authenticity. We are an incredibly diverse group of coffee experts, artists, entrepreneurs, writers, designers, and more. We see the world with open eyes and tolerance in our hearts. We are strongly driven by our belief in making the world a better place.
At Coffee Circle we accept everyone. No matter what your race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or gender identity - you are awesome as you are, and if the job description resonates with you, there's no reason why you should not apply. We are looking forward to getting to know you.