Senior Software Engineer Java (m/n/f) - Europe (m/w/d)
Arbeitsort: 10115 BerlinJetzt bewerben
Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
Who We Are
We are Itembase. A San Francisco-based company with offices in North America and Europe. We’re working with industry leaders like Mastercard, UPS, Lightspeed and Magento; backed by investors and founders of billion-dollar companies, we’re on a mission to conquer the World of Commerce to enable technology driven sustainable consumption.
We believe that technology is capable of solving much of the unsustainable impact we humans have created for ourselves, but that this won’t happen without the extraordinary human drive, passion and direction. Our Scandinavian Heritage has taught us that the best way to make an impact is by ferociously pursuing your mission like the conquering Vikings. Our Mission is to enable a lasting transition to technology driven sustainable consumption thereby enabling
consumers and companies to make the most of their purchases.
We do that by building connectivity technologies that connect brands, merchants, consumers and their software to enable automation of processes leading up to or following the purchase of a product or service. Our Technologies enable more efficient processes through connectivity and an improved purchase experience allowing
business to develop new sustainable business models.
Our iPaaS provides companies from the Financial and Fulfillment Sector a way to power their Processes and Applications for Merchants and Consumers with Item-Level Data that enable over 100 different Optimization and Sustainability Use-Cases.
Once using our iPaaS for Item-Level Commerce Connectivity Companies can leverage different Applications to accelerate the transition. Applications that can be deployed count the Advisor Technology, Market Insights or our Reporting Suite, which can be used for setting Connectivity Strategy, creating Personal Finance Management
Applications, SMB Business Advisors or enable Visibility in your Organization around your connectivity strategy, impact and position in the Era of Amazon.
Who We're Looking For
Itembase is looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will jump into the middle of any situation and establish robust yet flexible processes by enabling your colleagues to work at their best. In this position you take ownership of the company's Software Services serving Enterprises, Mid-Market or Startup Companies deploying our iPaaS Technology. You’ll deliver results on all Software Engineering topics and report directly to the CTO.
Come join us in
this high-paced role with direct impact and work with the most innovative
people in the company on transitioning an industry while transforming your
an equal opportunity employer and firmly believes in diversity. It takes
diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly changing
IT eco-system that supports creating sustainable consumption technology.
● Build robust and scalable micro-services
● You will have end to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance
● Seek opportunities to optimize Core Streaming Pipeline Modules and the Itembase Connector Suite Framework
● Design and implement our Core Modules where applicable
● Work with product team to translate requirements into
well-defined technical implementation
● Define technical and operational metrics to measure the delivery health of our platform
● Analyze opportunities to better scale our integration layer with our clients, partners and staff and to provide a high-quality overall user experience.
Who we hope you are or want to become (Requirements).
● A proven experience as Senior Software Engineer
● Experience in building event based, distributed systems using microservices in Java
● Building scalable APIs and reusable software components is a passion for you
● A solid understanding of service oriented architecture, object oriented design, and common design patterns
● Strong believe in automatic testing, hold pragmatic code coverage in high regard, and can explore and propose ways to incrementally improve code quality
● To ensure high standards of code maintainability and extensibility you are comfortable conducting code reviews and giving feedback
● A drive to be a continuous learner who collaborates well with users, partners, teammates, and willingly seeks help
● A strong drive towards leading projects
● Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Itembase is committed
to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given
discipline according to our Viking principles. Itembase Vikings ask "why
not" instead of “why” and are committed to conquering the World of
Commerce “Viking Style”. Together we fight every battle and leave our ego at
home so we can pursue the company goal during practice, preparation and battle.
Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to
create, and to innovate. We’re conquering one of the world’s biggest markets by
attacking some of the most powerful legacy systems — and we wouldn’t succeed
without our shared goal for making the world a better place.
- Tangible Impact from day one through direct involvement and
- A talented team that is invested in you and your professional
- Opportunity to work with Worldclass Brands to change an Industry.
- Clear career path and growth opportunities within the company
Employment Outlook and Salary Information
You will join our team as a full-time Senior Software Engineer and receive a Compensation Package that includes Stock Options
and opportunities to invest in current and future funding rounds. We’re interviewing candidates with different levels of experience as we have learned the results can be achieved in different ways as long as the motivation and work spirit fits.
The Role comes with the
possibility to grow to the Teamlead IT further down the growth trajectory of the Company.