Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
We are Text Cortex AI and are on a mission to enable 100x more businesses to matter in the digital space. Our belief is that AI language generation should be accessible in any text box there is online.
That's why we have built a platform that empowers individual writers and businesses to create faster, create more and create better content in the text-intensive digital marketing game.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Since our launch, we have been installed by over 3500 users, created more than 5m words, and have an active bunch of power users who use our software to reduce their work by 70%! We have raised capital from Entrepreneur First, a fund being backed by Reid Hoffman (Founder of LinkedIn) and Peter Thiel (Founder of PayPal), and have assembled a set of strong seed investors for the future. (undisclosed)
Together with you we want to change how we are writing all the text online.
Be an early part of one of the 200 hottest European AI startups according to DT2 Invest and the European Commission!
What we are looking for?
We want to be transparent with you, this position is not for everyone. We are looking for our first key hire to take responsibility and leadership in building the technical foundations side by side with our experienced CTO. Somebody who is well accustomed and not afraid to jump from the back to the front end, from the cloud to the whiteboard. Somebody who starts with a good base to grow with the trajectory of the company.
We know that the below areas could each be filled by an own team and in two years it will be. However, for now, we look for somebody who wants to put skin in the game, roll up their sleeves together with us and drive our growth.
If you have previously designed a product from the ground up, wrote the API endpoints to make it
Areas you will work with:
- API Endpoints - Our vision is to bring our text generation technology into every text box there is. We have terabytes of AI models looking to be integrated in various digital ecosystems.
- Web Architecture - Have a good eye for design and understand what drives value to our communication. User experience is a critical part of each product that we are releasing. Therefore we expect you to have an understanding of what would work best in terms of usability while doing the design.
- Data Acquisition - We value strong datasets to achieve outstanding results with our technology. Creativity in searching and acquiring the best data is the strongest moat we create.
- Cloud Computing - We started with a server under the founder's desk going over to build cloud-agnostic software. We are masters in getting the most out of the compute we acquire.
What you should bring along
- Past experience, a portfolio of past work and experience or a degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Eye for Usability and Design, User experience is a critical part of each product that we are releasing. Therefore we expect you to have an understanding of what would work best in terms of usability while implementing the front-end applications. In many cases, you will need to move without having input from UI / UX designers.
- Proactive, every day we are making 100s of decisions for developing our core product. When you see the need, we expect you to make some of those critical decisions on your own just like a business owner would do.
- Tech Stack, you should bring along knowledge in Python, HTML, CSS, JS with experience in frameworks such as Flask, Fastapi and React
- Cloud Native, we are running all our compute operations on Cloud providers such as GCP and AWS. We expect you to have sufficient proficiency in managing resources that is needed for inferencing and training on cloud products.
- AI and/or SaaS Experience, from a fast-growing seed to a series A company.
- Outstanding analytical skills, demonstrated ability to break down complex problems, ability to frame the right questions, objectively analyze and evaluate a problem or issue, and problem-solve including simulating possible outcomes.
- Growth ownership, show us how your past experiences tie in our early challenges
- Domain knowledge with previous demonstrated experience in growing SaaS products around SME, Enterprise, and content software
- Thirst for growth, you are on the verge from tactician to strategist and want to grow at the same speed the company grows
- Outstanding writing skills, we are a team of passionate writers ourselves. We see the written word as a key for communicating internally as well as externally, the ability to effectively cause both understanding and action in others without the use of the written word is essential.
- Ability to execute, you can get things done fast and influence people towards a particular objective.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to seek opportunities to help with all aspects of the technology - act like an owner with the goal to make correct decisions;
- Fluent in English; All our communications are written and in English.
Benefits & Perks
- Make a difference: At Text Cortex, you get the autonomy to make impactful decisions and drive results responsibility. You'll play a crucial role in building out our company and have the potential to take on bigger responsibilities in the future.
- ️ Skin in the game / shared ownership: We offer a competitive mix of salary and employee stock options to make you a true part of our company.
- Room for Growth: We value an honest feedback culture and try to give everyone a fair room to grow personally and professionally.
- Flexible working: It doesn't matter where, when, and how you work. Getting impactful results is what truly matters.
- ♀️ Company retreats: We host regular team events and company retreats to bring everyone together. Team building, aligning our vision, setting objectives, and celebrating wins is our key to direct this rocket straight to the moon.