Researcher / Senior Researcher with a focus on international carbon markets (m/w/d)
Arbeitsort: 13189 BerlinJetzt bewerben
Arbeitsort: 13189 Berlin
The Oeko-Institut is one of Europe’s leading independent research and
consultancy organisations working for a sustainable future. Founded
in 1977, the institute develops principles and strategies for realising
the vision of sustainable development globally, nationally and locally.
Oeko-Institut employs around 200 staff at three locations in Germany
– Freiburg, Darmstadt and Berlin.
We are inviting applications for the following position in Berlin in the energy and climate division:
Researcher / Senior Researcher (m/f/d) with a focus on international carbon markets
Part-time (min. 32 hours) up to full-time
Focus of your work:
You will work primarily on the design and evaluation of international carbon market approaches, including Article 6 of the Paris Agreement and the voluntary carbon market. A key focus is support-ing Oeko-Institut’s work on the Carbon Credit Quality Initiative. Good knowledge of international climate policy, climate finance and/or the land use sector is a plus. You will work in various project teams, prepare reports and presentations, develop recommendations for policy makers, present research results externally, and manage and acquire projects.
- You have a master’s degree in climate policy, economics, energy management, environmental protection or comparable subjects and you have relevant experience in applied research.
- You preferably have several years of professional experience in the design and evaluation of in-ternational carbon market approaches or projects, as well as other climate policy instruments at national, European and international level. You have a strong interest in working towards strengthening the environmental integrity of international carbon markets.
- You have excellent analytical skills, enjoy working with data, and are familiar with different quan-titative and qualitative methods. You have experience in conducting accurate data analyses and developing policy recommendations.
- Experience in working with international organisations and in the acquisition of projects is a plus.
- Your spoken and written communication in English is exceptionally good and you have experience in presenting your work in front of international audiences. You are willing to acquire a basic knowledge of German.
- You are used to working independently and have strong organisational skills and very good teamwork skills.
What we offer:
We offer a multifaceted role in a highly motivated, professional team working on a wide range of national and international environmental and sustainability issues. We are committed to promoting diversity and equality and strive for an inclusive work environment. Payment is made according to the Oeko-Institut’s salary model with an end-of-year bonus, and supplemented by other social ben-efits and family-friendly support. Mobile working is possible. Your employment contract is initially limited to two years and the aim is to make it permanent.
Would you like to use your skills and dedication to help shape the successful work of Oeko-Institut? Then we look forward to receiving your application! Please email us your application as a single pdf file without a photo by 06 August 2023 and also attach the completed Excel application form sepa-rately: email@example.com (https://www.oeko.de/fileadmin/jobs/Application-form-EK-B-2023-07.xlsx). Interviews are planned for 29 August 2023 in Berlin or online.