Principal Data Engineer - Personalisation & Search (m/w/d)
Arbeitsort: 10115 BerlinJetzt bewerben
Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
As a data engineer in the Personalisation & Search team, you’ll be part of a motivated and diverse team of engineers and will be working closely with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Machine Learning Engineers specialists. You will be responsible for building a dynamic and personalized Search and Browse experience for Zalando's 50 million customers across 28 countries.INCLUSIVE BY DESIGN
At Zalando, our vision is to be inclusive by design. And this vision starts with our hiring - we do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, sexual orientation, personal expression, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability status. You are welcome to leave out your picture, age, or marital status from your application. We only assess candidates on their qualifications and merit.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support you throughout the hiring process.WHAT WE’D LOVE YOU TO DO (AND LOVE DOING)
- Design, develop, deploy, and operate data solutions that will improve Zalando’s search and browse experience.
- Work closely with data scientists, applied science and engineering leaders, product managers and other business stakeholders to bring our state-of-the-art solutions to the customers and to discover and identify new opportunities.
- Communicate with various stakeholders to understand the business context, and translate the requirements into technical designs.
- Act like an owner by taking up a challenge, work towards reducing ambiguity, and break the work down into manageable tasks for the team.
- Establish trust and technical excellence beyond the team and collaborate with other internal product and technology teams to build scalable systems which integrate into the larger context of Zalando.
- Continuously improve the performance of our systems, and your skill set as a software engineer and share knowledge with your colleagues.
- You consistently demonstrate an entrepreneurial, analytical, and customer-centric approach, and you have an insatiable desire to improve the experience for our customers.
- You have experience in all parts of the software development life cycle: building, testing, deploying, and operating in production.
- You are proficient in developing large-scale solutions for data modeling, data collection, data rendering and self-serve data access.
- You have hands-on experience in developing data pipelines for batch and stream processing using AWS services, Databricks, Airflow.
- You have a deep understanding of monitoring, and maintaining data pipelines.
- You made the data pipelines resilient and reliable through open tracing, automated monitoring, and load testing.
- You communicate effectively in English and are comfortable collaborating with different product, design, and engineering teams.
If you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every single requirement. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!OUR OFFER
Zalando provides a range of benefits, here’s an overview of what you can expect. Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about what we offer.
- Employee shares program
- 40% off fashion and beauty products sold and shipped by Zalando, 30% off Zalando Lounge, discounts from external partners
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Hybrid working model with 60% (or more) remote per week, actual practice is up to each team to best support their collaboration
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (subject to prior agreement)
- Family services, including counseling and support
- Health and wellbeing options (including Gympass)
- Mental health support and coaching available
- Drive your development through our training platform and biannual peer-to-peer review
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.