Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
Job Details As On's direct-to-consumer business continues to grow, we're seeking a Frontend Engineer to help shape the next phase of the business. As an experienced engineer, you will contribute to building first-in-class web applications and digital services with a premium experience. You will be located in our location hubs in Berlin or Zurich and there will be a close collaboration with the rest of our Digital team across locations.
- You will write clean, maintainable and testable code to ensure that it does the job both in terms of functionality and usability following the existing architecture direction.
- You will optimize applications for maximum speed, performance and scalability.
- You will research optimal solutions and find the best way to implement UI/UX designs by constructively challenging assumptions.
- You will drive technical innovation and advocate for front-end development, the best practices and application architecture.
- You will work in a cross-functional team located in Berlin and Zurich to create great team culture and user experiences.
- You will be Agile at heart and take part in optimizing our process.
- You have a strong software foundation in building complex systems (software architecture, design patterns, test-driven development, asynchronous request handling).
- You have technical proficiency and experience in building, rolling-out and operating customer facing web applications using appropriate metrics
- You set a good example of balancing between delivery and quality having the user in mind.
- You have experience using build tools like Webpack or Rollup, and you are familiar with the node/npm/yarn eco-system. Experience with Nuxt.js/SSR, Cypress/Playwright and monorepos is a plus.
- You have been working closely with UX designers (ideally using design systems) and have deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, animations and UX/UI principles to build websites that work for humans and search engines alike.
- You seek to improve collaboration with your team and stakeholders (share knowledge, mentor teammates, build community, drive alignment and lead technical decision making).
- You have strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- You consistently provide/ask feedback to/from peers in order to improve your skills.
- You are curious at heart and drive your personal growth.
Meet The Team
As you might expect from a running brand, the Engineering Ecommerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You will work in a cross-functional team together with a product manager, software engineers, digital designer, QA engineer, data specialists and stakeholders to build digital services and meet ambitious targets throughout the purchase funnel.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.